It is a time honored tradition in most cultures to “go to the park”. Many of us grew up going to games and seeing our favorite players play and get lost in the celebration and environment of the game. Due to terrorism the fears of going to a game have been created. LBM Research Associates wants to our part to make sports venues the greatest day a fan can have again by doing our part. With our Cor-Tuf® UHPC product we have capabilities to provide higher strengths of layered protection against multiple threats while still keeping the architectural appeal. We also have the ability to provide stronger load capabilities for large stadiums, arenas, and venues to meet higher capacities of attendance.
Cor-Tuf® UHPC Stadium, Arenas, and Concert Venues Uses
Cor-Tuf® UHPC is the ideal replacement for standard concrete in just about any and all applications. UHPC is particularly beneficial in the following applications of traditional concrete:
- Stronger seating areas for larger attendances
- Blast protection
- Ballistics protection
- Stronger building envelopes
- Thinner structural columns with greater strength
- Thinner beams with greater strength
Benefits of Cor-Tuf® UHPC precast:
- Increased energy efficiency
- Increased durability
- Minimal to no maintenance
- Diversity in design expression
- Repetitive precasting (faster production time)
- Consistent high levels of quality control
- Variety of finishes on load bearing and non-load bearing components
- Architects can design thinner concrete elements, improving the architectural appearance of their work.
- High modules of elasticity (MOE) which can be in the 7,500 ksi range
- High tensile strength compared to normal concrete
- UHPC has a higher bond strength to steel reducing the size of a concrete placement needed to bond concrete elements.
- Structural elements can be smaller and more lightweight compared to those made with normal concrete
- UHPC eliminates capillary pores making it impervious to water and salt penetration without sealing the surface.
- Extremely low shrinkage making it perfect for non-shrink grout
- UHPC transfers even the finest relief from molded surfaces resulting in more ideal architectural concrete pieces.
Some of the more innovative ways this new concrete technique is being applied include:
- Stronger grand stands in college and high school stadiums
- Overlay on race track pavement
- Blast protection for new venues being planned
- Retrofitting of existing venues to strengthen them for longer life span