America is growing at a superior rate again, although a lot of our seaports, marinas, seaports, space testing facilities, and space launch areas need a face-lift. LBM Research Associates has found the way to assist with these efforts with a reliable product. Cor-Tuf® UHPC is the perfect choice for these applications due to its capabilities against saltwater, 24/7 usage in the harshest conditions, and the extended life span of our products.
Cor-Tuf® UHPC Infrastructure Uses
Cor-Tuf® UHPC is the ideal replacement for standard concrete in just about any and all applications. UHPC is particularly beneficial in the following applications of traditional concrete:
- Turbine/engine testing facilities
- Airport facilities
- Airport Runways/overlays
Benefits of Cor-Tuf® UHPC precast:
- Increased energy efficiency
- Increased durability
- Minimal to no maintenance
- Diversity in design expression
- Repetitive precasting (faster production time)
- Consistent high levels of quality control
- Variety of finishes on load bearing and non-load bearing components
- Architects can design thinner concrete elements, improving the architectural appearance of their work.
- High modules of elasticity (MOE) which can be in the 7,500 ksi range
- High tensile strength compared to normal concrete
- UHPC has a higher bond strength to steel reducing the size of a concrete placement needed to bond concrete elements.
- Structural elements can be smaller and more lightweight compared to those made with normal concrete
- UHPC eliminates capillary pores making it impervious to water and salt penetration without sealing the surface.
- Extremely low shrinkage making it perfect for non-shrink grout
- UHPC transfers even the finest relief from molded surfaces resulting in more ideal architectural concrete pieces.
Some of the more innovative ways this new concrete technique is being applied include:
- Some of the more innovative ways this new concrete technique is being applied include:
- Replacement of seawalls
- Retrofitting of existing piers and new pier construction
- Retrofitting of existing ports and new port construction
- Retrofitting of current rocket launchpads and new launch pad construction
- Construction of fireproof turbine and rocket engine testing facilities
- Airport terminals
- Airport runways