America’s infrastructure is desperately in need of investment, according to the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). The ASCE estimates the U.S. needs to spend some $4.5 trillion by 2025 to fix the country’s roads, bridges, dams, and other infrastructure. LBM Research Associates is a certified distributor of Cor-Tuf® UHPC. With more than four decades of infrastructure security, critical infrastructure security, and construction experience, LBM Research Associates is involved in securing Cor-Tuf® UHPC contracts, delivering the product on-site, and providing the manpower and machinery needed to mix and pour concrete structures.
Cor-Tuf® UHPC Infrastructure Uses
Cor-Tuf® is the ideal replacement for standard concrete in just about any and all applications. UHPC is particularly beneficial in the following applications of traditional concrete:
- Highways, roads, and bridges
- Power Plants
- Hydropower Plants and dams
- Grain and food containment
- Railroads and subway systems
- Tunnel systems
- Nuclear facilities
- Above ground and underground storage facilities
- Oil/fuel storage facilities
- Anything critical infrastructure
- Waste water and water storage facilities
- Utility/communications poles
Benefits of Cor-Tuf® UHPC precast:
- Increased energy efficiency
- Increased durability
- Minimal to no maintenance
- Diversity in design expression
- Repetitive precasting (faster production time)
- Consistent high levels of quality control
- Variety of finishes on load bearing and non-load bearing components
- Architects can design thinner concrete elements, improving the architectural appearance of their work.
- High modules of elasticity (MOE) which can be in the 7,500 ksi range
- High tensile strength compared to normal concrete
- UHPC has a higher bond strength to steel reducing the size of a concrete placement needed to bond concrete elements.
- Structural elements can be smaller and more lightweight compared to those made with normal concrete
- UHPC eliminates capillary pores making it impervious to water and salt penetration without sealing the surface.
- Extremely low shrinkage making it perfect for non-shrink grout
- UHPC transfers even the finest relief from molded surfaces resulting in more ideal architectural concrete pieces.
Some of the more innovative ways this new concrete technique is being applied include:
- Overlays of existing roads and highways
- Precasted pilings for existing bridges and new construction bridges
- Retrofitting of existing dams
- New construction for storage of grain and food
- Overlay/retrofitting of existing tunnels
- Replacement of old utility and traffic light poles
- Underground storage facilities for oil
- Retrofitting of water treatment facilities
Reinforced Utility Poles
We manufacture poles used for street lighting, sports lighting, parking lot lighting, power distribution, transmission, communications and traffic signal applications. Our utility poles are designed for all climate conditions where they are installed. We also manufacture pole bases for commercial, DOT, and infrastructure projects.
Our poles comply with the DOT, ACI, PCI, and AASHTO standards.
- Concrete utility poles available in heights from 8′ feet to 98′ feet.
- Standard pole types I, II, III, IV,V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX
- Pole bases available in 24″ and 30″ diameters