America has been facing multiple new enemies since 2011 both domestically and foreign. As the tactics are ever changing so is our fight to divert the potential for these attacks. Our motivation to create new life saving products is “people”. We want the future generations to feel safe where ever they may go. LBM Research Associates is a certified distributor of Cor-Tuf® UHPC. With more than four decades of infrastructure security, critical infrastructure security, and perimeter security experience, LBM Research Associates is involved in securing security contracts, delivering the product on-site, and providing the manpower to certify and oversight the installation of these products worldwide.
LBM Research Associates is currently testing our new line of shallow mount hostile vehicle mitigation barriers. Our barriers are different then the barriers and bollards that we typically see in cities today. Our vehicles barriers are extremely shallow mounted with a focus on “security through beautification”. Less use of foreign steel and more use from the hostile vehicle mitigation product.
UPDATE: We are currently working on ASTM certification, USACE K-rating, and Department of Homeland Security Safety Act. All updates will be posted on our site as they are completed with full test result findings.
LBM Barrier Use
LBM Research Associates bollard/ barriers supported with Cor-Tuf® UHPC are the ideal replacement for standard non-operable bollards and barriers in just about any and all applications.
- Precast pouring of larger and longer structural elements
- Injection or extrusion techniques
- Custom molding the meet the customers needs. (examples: planters, benches, statues, art pieces, trash/recycle cans, traditional cylinder bollards, etc.)
- Pre and post-tensioning components
- Patented Interlocking System
- Cast-in-place joints between precasted structures with no shrinkage
- Link slabs between adjacent spans
- Effective perimeter protection providing a guaranteed standoff required to protect
- Border/perimeter walls
Benefits of Cor-Tuf® UHPC precast:
- Increased energy efficiency
- Increased durability
- Minimal to no maintenance
- Diversity in design expression
- Repetitive precasting (faster production time)
- Consistent high levels of quality control
- Variety of finishes on load bearing and non-load bearing components
- Architects can design thinner concrete elements, improving the architectural appearance of their work.
- High modules of elasticity (MOE) which can be in the 7,500 ksi range
- High tensile strength compared to normal concrete
- UHPC has a higher bond strength to steel reducing the size of a concrete placement needed to bond concrete elements.
- Structural elements can be smaller and more lightweight compared to those made with normal concrete
- UHPC eliminates capillary pores making it impervious to water and salt penetration without sealing the surface.
- Extremely low shrinkage making it perfect for non-shrink grout
- UHPC transfers even the finest relief from molded surfaces resulting in more ideal architectural concrete pieces.
Some of the more innovative ways our products are being applied include:
- City sidewalk pedestrian protection
- Hostile vehicle protection to large gathering areas in outdoor malls
- Hostile vehicle protection to large gathering areas at concert venues
- Hostile vehicle protection to large gathering areas at sports venues
- Perimeter walls for military installations
- U.S. southern border wall
- Foundation/support pour for additional support to operable bollard and wedge systems
- Higher strength jersey barriers
- Higher strength T-walls (Bremer walls)