ANTI-TERRORIST CONCRETE: The Cor-tuf® UHPC compound was developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) for this purpose, to battle against terrorist attacks of all kinds. Cor-Tuf® UHPC is limitless to its range of applications for blast protection and ballistics mitigation construction. Our precasted products are produced and tested against forced entry, explosions, direct fire, and impact with little to no Foreign Object Debris (FOD). Most of all we are able to produce these products architectually shapeable precision. Our products can also be used for retrofit projects such as a protection layer for existing facades.
The Cor-Tuf® UHPC precasted products that we produce can be designed and engineered with half the thickness and weight with higher resistances and shatterproof unlike traditional concrete.
ADDITIONAL NOTE: The Cor-Tuf® UHPC compound can be adjusted the meet the specific requirements for your project.
Cor-Tuf® UHPC Ballistics Mitigation and Blast Protection Uses
Cor-Tuf® UHPC is the ideal replacement for standard concrete in just about any and all applications. UHPC is particulary beneficial in the following applications of traditional concrete:
- Blast walls
- Hardened façades
Benefits of Cor-Tuf® UHPC precast:
- Increased energy efficiency
- Increased durability
- Extreme ductility
- Minimal to no maintenance
- High resistance against dynamic loading
- High load bearing capacity
- Diversity in design expression
- Repetitive precasting (faster production time)
- Consistent high levels of quality control
- Variety of finishes on load bearing and non-load bearing components
- Architects can design thinner concrete elements, improving the architectural appearance of their work.
- High modules of elasticity (MOE) which can be in the 7,500 ksi range
- High tensile strength compared to normal concrete
- UHPC has a higher bond strength to steel reducing the size of a concrete placement needed to bond concrete elements.
- Structural elements can be smaller and more lightweight compared to those made with normal concrete
- UHPC eliminates capillary pores making it impervious to water and salt penetration without sealing the surface.
- Extremely low shrinkage making it perfect for non-shrink grout
- UHPC transfers even the finest relief from molded surfaces resulting in more ideal architectural concrete pieces.
- High explosion and bullet resistance
- Anti-Eaves dropping and X-ray absorption
- Abrasion resistance
Some of the more innovative ways this new concrete technique is being applied include:
- Advanced blast walls
- Higher strength façades
- Ballistics protection for buildings
- Mobile Blast Walls (Do not generate any FOD (Foreign Object Debris), splintering or ricochet)